6 Students Honored at Fifth Annual NYCxDESIGN Awards
The fifth annual NYCxDESIGN Awards may be over, but the careers of six student design winners are just beginning to ramp up. Material Bank sponsored the Student Design category, enabling undergraduate and graduate students to submit their designs at no cost, and with so many stellar designs to chose from, selecting six winners was no easy task. “A huge congrats to all our amazing students,” Interior Design Editor in Chief Cindy Allen said, capping off the first ever virtual ceremony hosted in partnership with ICFF. Here’s a closer look at the NYCxDESIGN award-winning standout projects.
1. PokoPoko Table, Edward WooHyun Chung, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
2. Trilight, Tianning Zhao, ArtCenter of Design, California, U.S.
3. Flaming June 2.0, Halle Huff, Belmont University, Tennessee, U.S.
4. Walky, Armando Mora Medina, Savannah College of Art and Design, Georgia, U.S.
5. W Chair & Pleated Stool, Anabel Baquerizo, Hazel Yimeng Sun, and Linsay Unger, Pratt Institute, New York, U.S.
6. Lanky Coat Hanger & Bicky Chair, Zihe Gong, Rhode Island School of Design, Rhode Island, U.S.
Read next: NYCxDESIGN Award Winners 2020