6 Primal Rugs
1. Kasimir Tibetan wool and silk rug in Night Blue by Reuber Henning
2. Wandering Mark wool-cotton rug in Bright by Minna Goods
3. Front’s Hexagon kilim in 100 percent new wool by Gan
4. Tic Tac Toe wool rug by Sunday/Monday
5. Castle woven chenille wool and linen rug in Saffron by Kasthall
6. How far would you go for inspiration? Cristian Zuzunaga went 6,000 miles—and 500-some years. While visiting Machu Picchu in Peru, the Zuzunaga founder was mesmerized by the precision of the stone monoliths, the origins of which had always intrigued him. Back in his Barcelona studio, he used a 1950s proofing press to create prints evocative of primitive ornamentation. The best of these became a limited edition of 65, which in turn spawned the Inca range of furnishings. The unifying motif, developed by enlarging a section of the original print, recurs across multiple categories—including floor coverings. A quartet of wool kilim rugs, flat-woven by hand in India, is offered in neutral shades of sand, beige, brown, or black.