Floorings Galore from Top Designers
Here are seven rugs and one tile collection from the minds of top designers to your floors.
1. Tangier by Cean Irminger of New Ravenna
Water-jet cut mosaic tile from the company creative director’s ready-to-ship Studio Line is comprised of polished dolomite and hand-glazed volcanic stone.
2. Carlton Blue by Claire Vos for Moooi Carpets
The Studio Roderick Vos principal helps the Dutch maker add polyamide carpet tile in a postmodern pattern to its existing broadloom and area-rug offerings.
3. Carmine by Sylvie Johnson of Merida
From the brand’s artistic director, a tonal mix of garnet-colored thin- and thick-felted wools on a mohair ground creates a dense textural motif.
4. Spin by Thomas Hayes for Art + Loom
The Thomas Hayes Studio founder’s 10-piece collection references the mid-century Hard-edge painting movement, including this in wool, silk, and Himalayan nettle.
5. Mismo 2 by Kavita Chaudhary of Jaipur Living
The company design director’s color-blocked pattern in wool and bamboo-rayon groups blush, gold, blue, and dove-gray geometric forms, all with a luster finish.
6. Entwine Blue by Maria Jeglinska-Adamczewska for Trame
A made-to-order rug by the Polish designer pairs a randomized application of shapes and color on a vibrant blue ground hand-knotted in Morocco of natural wool.
7. Parallel Brain by Michael Young for Limited Edition
For the Belgian brand’s 30th anniversary, the British industrial designer conceived a rug hand-tufted of seaweed fibers, which have exceptional sheen and stain resistance.
8. Folding by Serena Confalonieri for Carpet Edition
The prolific designer of graphics and textiles teams with the Italian company for a Sol LeWitt–inspired black-and-white rug in hand-tufted New Zealand wool.