Appetizing Design: 10 Noteworthy NYC Restaurants
The best in New York hospitality design isn’t limited to tony neighborhoods of Manhattan. Hardly. Thanks to innovative young firms such as BHDM Design, Latent Productions, and Hecho, neighborhoods like Harlem, Gowanus, and Times Square are becoming dining and drinking destinations, now home to handsome establishments worthy of a drive-by. Here’s a roundup of some favorites, listed from North to South.
1. The Hogshead in Harlem by BHDM Design.
2. Urbo in Midtown by Savelii Archipenko and Hecho.
3. Blenheim in the West Village by Morten Sohlberg, Min Ye, and CCS Architecture.
4. Narcissa in Cooper Square by Shawn Hausman Design.
5. Botequim in the East Village by One Five Hospitality (mural by CRAM Concepts).
6. Gato in Greenwich Village by Rockwell Group.
7. The Ship in SoHo by Robert Jamieson.
8. Cherry Izakaya in Williamsburg by hOmE.
9. Shake Shack in DUMBO by SITE Environmental Design and Mark Jupiter.
10. Runner & Stone in Gowanus by Latent Productions.