8 New Products to Watch at NeoCon 2017
1. Designers: David Hamlin for FilzFelt.
Product: Horizontal Bar.
Standout: The Submaterial founder’s acoustical panels are enlivened by raised dashes strewn across a solid ground, all in wool felt.
2. Designer: Alberto Lievore and Jeannette Altherr for Arper.
Standout: Art deco archways inspired the newly formed Lievore Altherr’s lounge collection in matte-lacquered cast aluminum and wool-nylon.
3. Designer: Iris Wang of Brentano.
Standout: Repeating triangles channel Arabian murals for indoor-outdoor fabrics combining Sunbrella solution-dyed acrylic and polyester.
4. Designer: Mac Stopa for Sandler Seating.
Product: River Snake.
Standout: Ribbed modules in weatherproof polyurethane, fortified by steel, gang together to form Massive Design’s appropriately large seating element.
5. Designer: Jasper Morrison for Vitra International.
Product: All Plastic.
Standout: The chairs’ polypropylene may appear to be one color, but each seat and backrest are ever so slightly paler than the frame.
6. Designer: Mark Muller for Three H Furniture Systems Limited.
Standout: Tables with high-pressure laminate tops and painted beech legs, some grooved with cable channels, come in counter, desk, and coffee-table heights.
7. Designer: Noe Duchaufour-Lawrance for Bernhardt Design.
Standout: A powder-coated aluminum base with a self-returning swivel mechanism anchors this generously scaled lounge chair.
8. Designer: Emanuela Frattini Magnusson for Momentum Textiles.
Products: Cutout and 3D Grid.
Standout: EFM Design & Architecture explored polka dots and grids in two cotton-nylon blend upholstery fabrics from the Graphic collection.