8 Standouts From High Point Market
1. Designer: Orfeo Quagliata for Rasttro.
Standout: Solid alder, hand-turned on a lathe, becomes the base of Studio Orfeo Quagliata‘s LED lamp, capped by a crystal diffuser.
2. Designer: Kirk Nix for Palecek.
Standout: KNA Design gave a round of beveled mirror an explosion of pewter spokes that more than triple the overall diameter, to 52 inches.
3. Designer: Ryan Dart of Bones Studio.
Standout: The cocktail table’s construction is old-school finger-joint, but the Baltic birch plywood components are CNC-cut.
4. Designer: Jonathan Browning for McGuire Furniture Company.
Standout: The natural environment of Northern California are evoked by a sconce that pairs oil-rubbed bronze and sandblasted glass.
5. Designers: Ann Clark and Lena Georas of Lamou.
Standout: A studio devoted to digitally printed tables unveils one with a birch plywood “canvas” for a top, supported by powder-coated steel legs.
6. Designers: Kei Koimuna, Mieko Koshitaka, and Hiroshi Koshitaka for Currey & Company.
Standout: Hand-painted wrought-iron rings that are gold-leafed inside compose the 4-foot-high pendant fixture.
7. Designer: François Champsaur of HC28.
Standout: Design’s playful side comes out in a molded fiberglass form that’s offered in eight colors and doubles as a stool or side table.
8. Designers: André Gurgel and Felipe Bezerra for Tissot Móveis.
Standout: Recalling the dunes of the Mula Preta founders’ native Brazil, a chair is veneered in an indigenous tropical hardwood.