New in New York: 10 Recent Design Projects in the Big Apple
The newest office, eatery, and urban escape designs to land in New York City.
1. Claus Porto’s SoHo Store by Tacklebox Architecture
For the New York store for Claus Porto, the Portuguese soap and fragrance company, Tacklebox Architecture fashioned a cork display archway that’s 42 feet long.
2. An Urban Rooftop Refuge in Midtown by BHDM Design
The indoor space flows outside through floor-to-ceiling glass doors, where ivy covers the walls and mirrored arches reflect the city skyline.
3. 21st Century Fox’s Marquee-Worthy Office by Gensler
4. Sonic Union’s Manhattan Office by Revamp
A communal space past reception gathers West Elm chairs, Blu Dot
5. New Practice Studio‘s Noodle-Inspired East Village Eatery
At Hunan Slurp in the East Village by New Practice Studio, an installation of 96 oak-veneered slats represents noodles.
6. Float Studio Focuses on Versatility for a SoHo Test Kitchen
For The Commons, a SoHo test kitchen and event space for Tasting Table, Giacoman has created a space that provides that sense of refuge.
7. Storefront for Art and Architecture by Abruzzo Bodziak Architects
Promoting discourse about the built environment is the mission of the nonprofit Storefront for Art and Architecture, which launched the New York Architecture Book Fair to bring designers and readers together.
8. A Contemporary Office for Nixon Peabody by Perkins + Will
For the company’s New York office, the firm looked to cultivate collaboration and transparency while speaking to its location.
9. Insurance Company Argo Group’s New York Office by TPG Architecture
TPG Architecture’s new New York branch is airy and modular, with an emphasis on collaborative areas.
10. Brooklyn’s Stumptown Cáfe by Jessica Helgerson
Jessica Helgerson Interior Design re-envisions an 1860’s former firehouse in leafy Cobble Hill.
Check out our New York City Destinations Pinterest board or follow @interiordesignmag on Instagram for more inspiring interiors.