19 Stunning New Light Fixtures
1. Iacoli & McAllister ‘s Jamie Iacoli and Brian McAllister collaborated with glass artist John Hogan to produce a smoked-glass cylinder, Nunki, which is suspended from a solid a armature and counterweighted by a disk of Carrara marble—the same stone as the top of the company’s Algedi side table.
2. HollyG table lamp in glass and powder-coated aluminum by FontanaArte.
3. Halo sconce in ash and leather by Kjartan Oskarsson .
4. Lamp #21 Pendant Fixture in painted maple and brass by Torbjörn Vejvi.
5. Atlas table lamp in glass, copper, and solid-surfacing by Ladies & Gentlemen Studio.
6. Edi sconce in painted iron and glass by Venini.
7. Flame pendant fixture in borosilicate glass, powder-coated aluminum and steel wire by Luum Lighting.
8. Cluster 2-Light table lamp in brass by Rosie Li Studio.
9. Oda table lamp in powder-coated steel and glass by Pulpo.
10. Woven Glass pendant fixtures in colored-glass and unpolished brass by Gustav van Treeck.
11. Blum pendant fixture in nickel-plated steel and painted stainless-steel thread by Arturo Alvarez.
12. Ring pendant fixtures in polished brass with fluorescent tubes by Lee Broom.
13. Crisp sconce in glass by Rich Brilliant Willing.
14. During the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, in the “Low Tech Crafts” satellite exhibition Floris Wubben showed his Globe pendant fixtures in ceramic and the machinery that Studio Floris Wubben had designed to make them.
15. For the Macaron, just as with its edible namesake, Silvia Ceñal Design Studio whipped up basic ingredients: The disk top and the ring base are untreated fir plywood simply CNC-routed with holes that are then threaded with polypropylene cord in either red, yellow, blue, or white.
18. In Patrick Jouin ID’s LED task lamp, Ato for Kos Lighting , a slender arm of extruded aluminum articulates from an elbowlike joint, revealing the cord at the juncture.