Product Highlights: High Point Market
Eye candy flourished at the fall edition of the High Point Market, the biannual furnishings feast for the residential set, nestled in North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad. Rustic and modern tensions collided in showrooms like Four Hands, where Thomas Bina paired his signature reclaimed woods with slabs of cool concrete. Graphic urban themes were pervasive—at Cisco Brothers, streetwise pillows and upholstery sported graffiti tags, while at Foreign Accents, rugs morphed into hand-tufted cityscapes. Repurposing remains a familiar refrain, particularly with exhibitors such as Phillips Collection, where discarded bicycle tires become fodder for seating, tables and decorative panels. And as usual, a slew of A-list designers arrived with new goods in tow, from Laura Kirar’s hip seating for McGuire to Interior Design Hall of Famer Michael Vanderbyl’s stylish ensembles for Van Peursem.
1. Interior Design Hall of Fame member Michael Vanderbyl’s Polk upholstery and Bridge table in quartered oak by VanPeursem.
2. Ziggy chair by Luna Bella.
3. Graffiti pillows in spray-painted linen by Cisco Brothers.
4. Star-Arrow light in hot-rolled sheet metal by CFC.
5. Pi workstation in birch plywood and carbon steel by Joe Manus for Shiner International.
6. Senese buffet by Rossetto.
7. Kurt coffee table in reclaimed wood and concrete by Thomas Bina for Four Hands.
8. Boardwalk’s BWS 4646 hand-tufted rug in wool by Foreign Accents.
9. Modern Jack sculpture in iron by Regina Andrew.
10. Olio mirror by Glassisimo.
11. Wall-mounted cabinet in white lacquer and faux ostrich with brass nail head detail by Phylum Design.
12. Tin Patchwork Rubix stool in sheesham and recycled tin by Go Home.
13. Bicycle Wheel panel in reclaimed bicycle wheels by Phillips Collection.
14. Guernica lounge chair in rattan, solid ash and leather by Laura Kirar for McGuire.
15. Satellite suspension fixtures in paper by Oggetti.
16. Sky cabinet in MDF with high-gloss lacquer and stainless steel by Bellini Modern Living.
17. Evok modular sectional by Nathan Anthony.
18. Papyrus three-drawer chest in elm by Maria Yee.
19. Tropicana mirrors in mirrored and colored glass by Miniforms.