The Gang’s All Here: 7 Eclectic Designer Rugs and Carpets
Condensation on a cold windowpane. The intricate wiring of electric circuit boards. A post modern mash-up of William Shakespeare and tribal Africa. Such eclectic inspirations fueled a host of designers teaming up with various manufacturers. Jonathan Adler applies hisg roovy vibe and bold color sense to deco-esque prints for the Rug Company , Interior Design Hall of Famers Bunny Williams and Clodagh collaborate with Doris Leslie Blau and Bentley , respectively, and graphics legend Milton Glaser joins Nanimarquina for the afore mentioned culture clash with the Bard. Materials even go high-touch: Witness Geoffrey Bradfield’s tactile hair-on hide.
1. Layla rug in hair-on-hide in blue by Kyle Bunting ; designed by Geoffrey Bradfield.
2. Transistor rug in wool-silk in gray and white by Barberini & Gunnell ; designed by Francesco Barberini & Nina Alexandra Gunnell.
3. Shakespeare in Africa rug in wool by Nanimarquina ; designed by Milton Glaser.
4. Monolith broadloom in nylon by Bentley ; designed by Clodagh.
5. Harlequin rug hand-knotted in wool in Multi by the Rug Company ; designed by Jonathan Adler.
6. Sundance Stripe flat-woven in wool by Doris Leslie Blau ; designed by Bunny Williams.
7. Trickle rug in a wool-silk blend in light brown, white, and silver by Tania Johnson Design ; designed by Tania Johnson.